Clamshell Food Containers
EasyPak provides clamshell food containers that will maximize your product’s customer appeal, protect against tampering, and maintain the product’s integrity during shipping and transportation, while sitting on store shelves, and when being used by the consumer.
EasyPak, founded in 2004, has grown to become one of North America’s leading resources for innovative solutions in thermoformed food packaging. We manufacture thermoformed containers and lids in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, including clamshell, square, rectangular, round, octagonal, compartmented, and fluted, as well as specialized packaging for a vast assortment of food products.
What is Clamshell Packaging?
A thermoformed plastic clamshell is a clear, rigid, one-piece container that consists of two bowl-shaped halves joined by a hinge that allows it to open and close (like a clamshell you might find at the beach). Some plastic clamshell containers have a single hinge, while others feature a multi-hinged design. Their advantages for food packaging include:
- Single-piece construction
- High clarity
- Maximum visibility
- Protection from contamination
Most clamshell packaging is sealed with self-locking tabs, button snaps, or something called a friction fit. When heat-sealed, the containers are tamper-resistant. Although they may be difficult to open at times, your products will be safe.
Key Benefits of Thermoformed Containers
The thermoforming process is used to create plastic clamshell containers. This technique uses heat, vacuum and pressure to form thin plastic sheets into three-dimensional shapes based on a mold. As they cool, they are trimmed to the proper size for the end product. Benefits include:
- Design Options: As a full-service packaging designer and manufacturer, EasyPak offers endless thermoformed plastic container design options with consistently high-quality, quick turnaround and competitive pricing. Because thermoforming provides for container customization, we also offer various ways to incorporate branding in your packaging to increase product visibility.
- Protection for Products: Food packaging requires sturdy packaging and a seal to protect the items inside from damage and contamination. EasyPak thermoformed packaging is a durable, resilient, and tamper-resistant packaging option.
- Cost-effective: Thermoformed packaging is a smart choice for food manufacturers when cost and time-to-market are important considerations. In comparison to packaging made from plastic injection molding, the tooling is less expensive, many materials are available, and thermoforming offers a faster turnaround time.
- Sustainability: More and more consumers are looking for eco-friendly product packaging and purchasing from brands they know are focused on sustainability. Sustainability is good for the planet and is ingrained in all aspects of our business at EasyPak. We are always looking for ways to make more food packaging containers using less energy and water, while generating less waste.
Our team has decades of experience in product design and engineering that remove the barriers of getting your product to market and allowing you to maintain your competitive edge. When our customers have urgent or unexpected needs, we do everything in our power to meet them.
Whatever your requirements for clamshell food containers may be, EasyPak is a one-stop shop for all of your thermoformed plastic packaging needs. Get in touch with us at 484-525-4231 to discover how thermoforming can benefit your next project.